Welcome to ANIMMA 2013
Nuclear instrumentation and measurement methods in nuclear environments are key aspects that contribute to the quality of scientific programmes in the fields of physics, energy, the fuel cycle and waste management. Furthermore, measurements relying on nuclear physics now play an important role in various fields of application such as biology, medicine and the environment.
ANIMMA conference sets out to unite, consolidate and organize an international network of scientific researchers and experts from industry, research institutes, academic dealing with nuclear instrumentation and measurement methodology activities (R&D, Innovation and applications).
ANIMMA 2013 is the third of a series of conferences devoted to endorsing and promoting scientific and technical activities based on nuclear instrumentation and measurements. The main objective of ANIMMA conference is to unite the various scientific communities not only involved in nuclear instrumentation and measurements, but also in nuclear medicine and radiation. The conference is all about getting scientists, engineers and the industry to meet, exchange cultures and identify new scientific and technical prospects to help overcome both current and future unresolved issues.
The ANIMMA conference provides scientists and engineers with a veritable opportunity to compare their latest research and development in different areas: physics, nuclear energy, nuclear fuel cycle, safety, security, future energies (GEN III+, GENIV, ITER…).
The conference topics include instrumentation and measurement methods for :
- Nuclear Physics,
- Particles Physics
- Advanced electronic for radiation detection
- Innovative data analysis methodologies.
- Radiation detection, in-pile measurements of physical parameters
including temperature, dimensions, gas release, etc.
- Zero Power Reactors (ZPR)
- Material Testing Reactors (MTR)
- Safety experiments
- GEN IV Reactors: SFR, VHTR, LFR, GSFR…
- Fusion Reactors
Nuclear Power Reactors
- In Core instrumentation and measurement
- Ex Core instrumentation and measurement
- Nuclear Power Plants monitoring
- GENIII, GENIII+ advanced instrumentation
Nuclear Fuel Cycle
- Nuclear Fuel Cycle facilities
- Dismantling Operations
- Safeguards measurements
- Nuclear Material and Spent Fuel control
- Radioactive Waste Management
Safeguards and homeland security
- Nuclear Fuel Cycle
- Nuclear Material Control and Characterization
- Dismantling Operations
- Illicit material trafficking
Severe accident monitoring
- High temperature measurements
- High pressure measurements
- Radiation measurement in harsh media
- Electronics hardening
- Wireless and remote robotic measurements
Environmental and Medical Sciences
- Advancements in Mass Spectrometry measurements
- Application of radioactive tracers
- Radiography, Imagery, Tomography…
- Instrumentation and measurement methods in extreme conditions
Education and Training Activities
- Experimental Sciences
- Basics in Instrumentation and Measurement Sciences and
- Measurement Methods and their Applications
- PhD’s Schools, Refresh Courses, Summer Schools.
What’s New in ANIMMA 2013 ?
- Short Course Initiative
An advanced program of short courses will be offered at the start of ANIMMA 2013 conference.
Starting from the physical principles, the course will discuss the performances and the limitations of various radiation detectors that can be used in nuclear reactors and in the subsequent stages of the nuclear fuel cycle.Updated information, detailed program and schedule will be available shortly on the conference web site.
The first conference day (Sunday June, 23rd 2013) is dedicated to a workshop dealing with nuclear heating thematic, co-organized by CEA and Aix-Marseille University. The persons in charge of such organization are :
Mrs. Anne-Cécile Colombier (email@example.com) and
Mrs. Christelle Reynard-Carette (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The program and other details are available on the workshop section. To participate, registration is compulsory:
- Poster sessions
During the conference, in addition to plenary and parallel oral sessions, specific slots about 2 hours each will be organized and dedicated to the poster sessions. Each day, these sessions will be structured by thematic and illustrated by the posters in exhibition with in support of, a short mini-oral presentation.
The third edition of ANIMMA conference will take place
23-27 June 2013 at Marseille, Palais des Congrès (France).
Conference Chairs :
General Chairman : Abdallah Lyoussi
Co-Chairman : André Chabre
Scientific Committee : Michel Giot
Organizing Committee : Abdallah Lyoussi
Key dates :
- Deadline abstract submission : February 6, 2013
- Notification for acceptance : March 13, 2013
- Open registration : January 14, 2013
- Full paper submission not later than May 31, 2013 (for both Orals and Posters).
- Mini-oral presentation for Poster description not later than June 15, 2013. Please notice that poster installation set-up will start on Sunday June 23th at 16h. Precisions, details and practical instructions will be available in the conference office. Please contact them at your arrival.
- Oral presentations for oral contributions and invited papers not later than June 15, 2013. Furthermore, please provide a short speaker CV according to attached template in view to allow chairperson to introduce the speaker.